Befriending Compassion Fatigue
Professional Group Learning Track
Lesson Two: Suffering Exchange
AGREEMENTS for an ACT LEARNING GROUP
Agreements for Step One:
ASK QUESTIONS THAT ENGAGE BOTH THE HEAD AND THE HEART.
In our ACT LEARNING GROUP, we welcome learning that respects both what we can measure (science) as well as the immeasurable dimensions of each person (soul).
- In this group we work to create a space that encourages mutual learning and exploration.
- As a member of this group, I commit to participating in the inner-work and reflection needed to bring my undivided self to the Soul & Science lessons.
Agreements for Step Two:
CONVERSE WITH OTHERS IN A SPIRIT OF RESPECT AND INTEGRITY
In our ACT LEARNING GROUP we come with a beginner’s mind. Soul & Science lessons invite the sharing of questions and experiences that requires sincere trust, mutual respect and personal integrity.
- In this group we listen and share in ways that respect each person… one person speaking at a time and avoiding the temptation to fix, save or advise.
- As a member of this group I promise that nothing shared here is to be repeated outside of the group without explicit permission—no exceptions!
Agreements for Step Three:
TRANSLATE LEARNINGS AND BEST PRACTICES INTO ACTION
In our ACT LEARNING GROUP we dedicate ourselves to the service of relieving suffering—in ourselves and those we serve― through time tested and clinically trustworthy practices.
- In this group we encourage the creative application of Soul & Science lessons in real-life caregiving situations.
- As a member of this group, I look forward to working with best practices in my personal life so I can confidently and appropriately translate them for others.